Song and Doodle #34

This weeks song is from the beautiful Lisa Mitchell. This is the first song she released in a while and its so incredibly wondrous! I love her voice and her style. I've been listening to this song on repeat for the past couple days and the lyrics get better the more you listen to it. I love this song cause I feel like anyone can relate to this song and gain a feeling from it. Thats a beautiful thing to accomplish. Heres what she said about the song: 

Hi dear people :)
sorry its been a while between letters but i come bearing a gift for you - a NEW song! Do you ever get tired of having to be ok all the time? I sure do. heres to them feels. Lisa x

Quickly scrawled on the back of a receipt during a summer break with her family, Wah Ha began as a rebellion against the pressure to always feel ‘OK’.

“When I play Wah Ha to people, I notice a certain kind of lightness fills the room. The lyric takes some weight off my shoulders. Even with the new album on the table I just couldn’t wait any longer to make contact again... Releasing ‘Wah Ha’ makes me feel a bit like ET reaching his finger out into the abyss, hoping to find another…”

Such a beautiful soul. Check out the song and tell me what you think! Also if you like this you'll like THIS ONE TOO
"I spend all my days, trying to be ok. 
Ok, comes and goes but I feel like I'm holding on.
 I feel like I'm holding on a little too strong." 

No comments:

Post a Comment