Project: Embroidery Pin Holder!

Today I wanted to share a project that I finished last weekend. It all started when I bought myself a bunch of new lapel pins as a Valentines present to myself. (I'm so in love with THIS shop!) So now that I have all these new pins I wanted a neat way to display them. I came across THIS awesome earring display DIY. I thought if it worked for earrings it should work for pins, right?
After digging though my crafty supply boxes I realized I had all the stuff already. It felt like a sign from the universe that I should give it a go. I did a quick search for some easy stitches and came across THIS link.  Which is incredibly useful and convinced me look into Craftsy classes a bit more. (Have you taken any classes from Craftsy? Did you like them?) I spent almost an entire day alternating stitches, loads of laundry and watching old episodes of the Office. Finally once the sun went down I had finished!
I love the way it turned out! The back looks horrendous but I glued and the dangly bits down so hopefully that helps. For my first try I'm surprised how much I enjoyed myself. I've already got my eye on a bunch of DIY embroidery kits. I think my wall needs a few more of these little gems!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! Are those French Knots difficult? And those bee-pins are just sooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete