Lunar New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year/ Lunar New Year/ Spring Festival! Its the year of the rooster! I meant to do this post this morning but I slept in and time got a way from me. (Thats been happening a lot!) BUT I just got home from a lovely family dinner and I wanted to take a minute to welcome in the new year! I love the Chinese New Year! I love all the red, good luck omens and traditions! I always enjoy reading my horoscope and seeing what the year might have in store for this golden goat! I LOVE the food and my family always makes the best food! ( I might be a little biased!) I really do hope this new year brings good fortune and prosperity to you and your family!
This year I made some instant kimchi. The recipe I used was THIS one. I think it turned out surprisingly yummy. Its basically kimchi but not fermented. One of these days I'll be brave enough to try and make the real stuff, but this one was real yummy. Same spicy flavor just a little less fizzy and sour. I'm not the best cook but this recipe was super easy and simple. Eating it plain was kinda meh, but with steamy rice it totally mellowed out the fishy/spicy-ness!
New years isn't complete with out some lucky almond cookies! My mom make some almond coffee ice cream as well that was SO yummy. But I ate it all before I could take a picture. Oopsy! So much yummy food and loud talking. I'm not sure when I'm talking with my family we all have to shout everything. haha All the more fun of having an opinionated-smart ass family!

Best wishes for the year of the rooster! I hope it's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment